As I always say, there is better living through syndication. Especially today where content creators are rarely confined to just one platform. Instead they produce across several platforms, everything from Flickr to Twitter and of course their blogs. Most social savvy users also have profiles across a myriad of services, and sometimes it’s difficult to keep all these profiles up-to-date with your latest content. So for me, and I assume many others, having the ability pipe in external content into a social media profile is always a huge win.
So with that in mind, I’m happy to introduce MyFeedSync for MySpace. Just like the recently launched Twitter Sync, this service allows you to pipe in any RSS feed directly into your MySpace activity stream. You can see an example below on the lalawag MySpace page.
The service uses MySpaceID to login and access your account, from there it just takes a few one-time steps to get your feed up and running. Here’s the step by step:
- Login to MyFeedSync, enter your RSS feed(s) and click Add
- Select the feed you’d like to publish
- Select the time interval you’d like to publish at. Each feed pull brings in 1 item from your RSS feed (the latest)
- Add a custom message to preface your update, for example “New Blog Post:” and click Update.
- Pat yourself on the back and perhaps go make a sammich, you’re done!
Thanks to Egghead Ventures who developed the application. If you have any questions or feedback on MyFeedSync, please let me know.